Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Church Prom

One thing about living in the "mission field" is the attention the church gives to the youth. The school dances here do not have the same "standards" that you see where we moved from. I don't really understand the role of chaperones at these dances, since it seems that "anything goes" is accepted at them. The kids in our ward went as one big group to the school prom, but the Church prom gets the same attention here, as the school proms do in Utah.

Bryan asked one of the girls in our ward to go with him. We pumped up three bags of balloons to help him do the asking. That was 216 balloons total. After they were pumped we then bagged them up into 15 large black trash bags. It was a lot of balloons!!! Fortunately we still have the Suburban so he was able to get the balloons to the girls house all in one trip.

Using the cool color feature on the camera.

Getting ready to go.
One cool looking dude! (Why don't I ever remember to check the background before I take the picture!)

4 comments:

  1. Bryan looks pretty spiffy all dressed up. I'm sure he had fun at the dance.

    P.S. Elizabeth, if you go back and read that post on John's blog, you will see that I said that he had some of the best, not the best. But if you want me to say that yours' are, I will, though they might have to take care of me in my old age. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tux Bry! Why didn't they make 'em that cool when I was in high school?

    ReplyDelete