Friday, May 21, 2010

Sunset in Eagle River

I had just come home from book club last night around 9:00 pm and Bryan came home from an activity shortly after that. It had been a beautiful day all day, and even more so in the evening. We decided to go for a ride and headed for some of the higher elevations in Eagle River.

This was taken at the top of the Mile High road. You can see the Eagle River in the foreground.

The view towards Anchorage. If you click on the picture you can see Eagle River Road that big curve towards the left, our neighborhood is to the left of that.

We then drove up to Mount Baldy and got some pretty cool pictures of the sun going down. From Mt. Baldy you can see the Knik Arm. The pictures below show some serious celebrating of the sun.

Bryan

That's me. I can still jump, even if it is only a few inches off the ground.

A big apology to Spencer's jump. I am constantly deleting pictures without knowing how I actually manage it. It takes forever for me to post a blog, so I am just going to finish this without his amazing Karate Kid leap. But most of you will have seen it on Facebook, if you haven't, go there and take a look.

Back home again. Looking towards Hiland Mountain, the moon and the sunset lighting the tops of the peaks. And the time documented in the lower right corner.

3 comments:

  1. Eliz, that sure looks like some great country up there. I am sure that you will have a great time when your kids and Mom, Dad, and Sharon get up there this year.

    ReplyDelete