Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Day

A late post but one I wanted to make all the same.

I figured that since there was only going to be three of us sitting down to a Thanksgiving dinner that it would be really nice to go out for dinner. The boys were not buying it. Rick even offered to take us all to breakfast on Saturday. Well, I couldn't pass up that offer, breakfast out is one of my most favorite meals!

We joined all the Thanksgiving Eve shoppers and picked up what we needed for a decently good Thanksgiving meal. We did opt for a rotissarie chicken which was really tasty, and bottled gravy which was really easy. I did feel sad about not having any pomegranates. (I left those with Spencer at the airport when my luggage went over the weight limit.) But we did end up with a scrumptious little feast.


Our little Thanksgiving feast. Yummy though!

We went for a walk at Earthquake Park working up an appetite for our dinner. Funny name for a park I know. It is dedicated to the earthquake that pretty much leveled Anchorage in 1964 (I think that's the right year). The Alaskans keep telling us not to let a little snow keep us indoors all winter. This is us putting on our game faces and giving it a try! You can tell that people practice what they preach, we didn't make all those footprints ourselves!

Later that evening we went to see the Sandra Bullock movie, The Blind Side. It was worth the $50.00 it cost us to see it. Yeah, that's tickets plus the large popcorn and two drinks. We are going to have to learn to walk pass the concessions stand, but it was a holiday so we splurged.

We drove by Best Buy on our way to the movie and were surprised to see shoppers starting to line up at the door for Black Friday. The really smart ones brought tents, but who in their right mind would do that in Alaska? I mean really? We didn't see one deal in the ads worth that! We did join the shoppers on Friday for lack anything better to do, but we got to the stores at the decent hour of 10:00 am.

All in all, we had a great Thanksgiving and we have so much to be thankful for. The top three being the gospel, family, and a warm home. And the fourth: a great job in these tough times.

1 comment:

  1. I am having a hard time comprehending how quickly things that I have taken granted for so long can change so quickly! Like yours, our Thanksgiving this year was small, and it looks like Christmas will be much the same. After so many years of Christmas morning breakfasts at Mom's and then our place, this year it looks like we're going to Brigham. I am so not ready to grow up! (And there would be some that would say I'm not growing up, I'm just getting older.)

    ReplyDelete