Monday, March 29, 2010

Warming Up

It is warming up. Really. We are starting to have more warm, sunny days. The snow is melting and running down the hill in riverlets. Some days it does cloud up again and we did get some flurries on Saturday. It is hard not to give in and get down when I see the little white flakes falling, but I refuse to start whining about the weather. I am trying to take each cold, miserable, cloudy day in stride. It can only get better from here, right?

A warning about the photos. I am not a photographer! There, I only post these to show proof of our warm temps. All of these were taken on the same day, at the same time. A lot of discrepancy, all I know is that it felt warm. I actually opened a couple of windows to let in some fresh air and went to get the mail without a coat. These are the kind of days I love!

The thermometer on Rick's nightstand.

You can't read these, but the temps are listed for Eagle River, EAFB (always different by a few degrees), St. George, and Panguitch. I have Panguitch on there because it makes me feel better to know that someone back home is as cold or even colder than I am. Today it is 39 degrees in Eagle River. Pangutich did start out colder this morning, but they didn't stay that way:(.

This one is in the kitchen window.

Which one would you believe? To me it didn't matter, we just had a nice, warm, sunny day. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

4 comments:

  1. You make me feel better too Elizabeth. Now I know someone else who can really sympathize with me and endless winters! I too love to go out - even in 50 degree weather without a coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is about that warm in Ivins. Are you about to become a new grandmother or has Moe had a baby? What are your plans for April? I will call you on Tuesday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the stuffed animal/monster. James loves it! It's weird in a cute way, which is why it's quite possibly my favorite stuffed animal I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, it's officially an Ugly Bunny, but I didn't want to use the "ugly" word in front of the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete