Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Rainbows
One question we asked people a lot was, "Why do you live here?" One common answer was "for the summers". That was the one thing I held onto during the long, dark days of winter. Summer here is supposed to be spectacular! Well, not this summer! We got a glimpse of what it could be like back in May, but by June, the sunny days were long gone. This year we broke a new record, 31 continuous days of RAIN. Since then we will have a break in the clouds for maybe a half a day, and if we are really lucky we might get a full day of sunshine, but the rain always comes back. It is a steady downpour as I type this. The trick here is taking the saying "there's a silver lining in every cloud" seriously. You have to look on the bright side of things or you could really get down in the dumps.

This is one of those silver linings. We had a complete double rainbow going practically right over our heads. To say it was beautiful sounds a little lack luster (is that really a phrase?) There are just no words I know of to describe a truly beautiful sight in this state.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the rainbow!
ReplyDeleteThat;s what we love about Panguitch...the summers are wonderful! You'll see it next summer, hang in there!
ReplyDeleteyeah, we live for the summers here too (oh, oops! I mean the winters.)
ReplyDelete