It is finally here! The blog to document our "Great Adventure"! We have done nothing at our house for the last two and half months except talk, talk, talk, about our move to Alaska. Well, besides a lot of talk we have had a lot of work going on. Below is proof of what it takes before we can even get on the road.
We have been weeding through all our worldly goods for about 6 weeks. I have been determined not to take every single item that we owned. We had a garage sale in September and have made countless trips to D.I. and now we have made it all the way down to the actual packing up day.
All our worldly belongings packed up in cardboard and paper. This is just one room of boxes. We have had movers here all day today just wrapping and taping and packing. I am so glad that we did not have to do this ourselves.

This is the dumpster that has been sitting outside on our driveway for the last two months. We filled it and had it emptied three times and still could have filled it one more time but we sent it off too soon.

Rick was busy working on all the "home improvement" projects that he has been putting off for a few years. You can see the new steps that Rick built off the back door. Next to that are the new steps leading down to the back door that we put in at the beginning of the year. You can also see just the edge of the new shingles Rick put on the roof as well. He worked hard to get all of this done in just a few short weeks. Thanks to the boys that all showed up to help him with these projects.

Working on the steps.
Seeing all those moving boxes makes me a little sad. I think I am still in denial that you guys are actually going to go through with it. ha. But the steps and deck look great! Yay for your first post!! (And I get to be the first person to comment!)
ReplyDeleteOh yay! I'm excited that you're posting. That is quite a few boxes!
ReplyDeleteHeather, it makes me a little sad. I am standing in a now empty house and it doesn't feel any more real than the day we made this decision.
ReplyDeleteWe want to see more pictures of everything! Like the trucks with the crates, and the now empty house! We are excited for your big move! I hope your trip up to Alaska goes well!
ReplyDeleteHave fun unpacking all those boxes too! We're still going through ours!
ReplyDelete