Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the Road - more of Day 4


Another great beach, this one in southern Oregon. Bryan found this sand dollar. It is in perfect condition.

One of the many star fish that were clinging to this outcropping of rock on the beach.


Meyers Creek Beach, Oregon. Our 10 minute beach stop. Bryan had his pants rolled up and his flip flops on, no jacket, running up and down this beach and getting his feet in the water. It was so cold that my ears hurt and waited for the boys in the nice warm 4Runner.


We had the great pleasure of meeting Paul Bunyan and his blue ox, Babe. And if you don't know who they are, check out a tall tales book at the library and read up on him! Mystery of the Trees, CA


He was kind enough to let us sit on his boot for a great photo moment!


These trees on the left are covered in moss. Avenue of the Giants, near Eureka, CA

The word you can't read is Tsunami. We saw a lot of these hazard signs. Highway 101


One of the cool bridges we passed over. Maybe we are so excited about bridges because we just have no need to build any in Utah.

These pictures are a little out of order. But I hope it gives everyone an idea of what we have seen just today. We are now in Florence, Oregon, and I hope my last load of wash is dry. Bryan has joined Rick and he is now sound asleep (snoring) so I am going to shut this down and go check on the dryer. I know I have these posts out of order but I am sure that you can figure it all out anyway. We miss our family and friends. We are having a lot of fun seeing the sites, but every once in a while we feel a little twinge.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! At least taking a lot of fun pictures!!! Thanks for keeping us updated, it is fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you three are having a blast! Maybe someday we will be able to take a road trip up to Alaska too! Although I'm sure Shayla would pass on that and just hop on a plane!

    We are missing everyone too, but it's nice to finally get to your new home and get to know your neighbors and people in your ward. Plus, we are all super excited to come and visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, glad to see you finally jumped on the blog bandwagon! Seriously, what a good way to keep in touch. You guys have a safe trip and keep up the reports.
    Andy was out today and he almost shed a little tear talking about how empty the house and yard looked. I still a hard time imagining a change like that.
    Anyway, good luck, and keep the posts coming.
    Love,
    John and Peg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth.

    Thanks for saying hello!

    Congrats on your new adventure. I will be a change, but thankfully you have family to do it with.

    I still can't believe you guys left Ivins! I know my mom is way bummed. :(

    Good luck. I'll be checking in on your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! Same with John - glad to see you are blogging now. We are looking forward to keeping in touch and hearing about your adventures way up yonder! Love you - Rachel

    ReplyDelete