We woke up early in Eureka and back tracked about 30 minutes so that we could drive through the Avenue of the Giants. Although the sun was shinning, it was really quite dark here in the trees. We found out that there are several different types of redwood trees, the largest in circumference are in Yosemite, these that we saw are the tallest.
It can make you a little dizzy looking straight up. In fact I thought of Heather and Kaden all day. The road we have been driving on is winding and never seems to end. I don't think that there has been more than a mile or two of straight roadway. I bought some Dramimine (sp?) today so I would be ready for the ferry, but I almost took it just for the drive.
I can only get three pictures to down load at a time. It might be our internet connection here or it could be a operator failure - who knows? Anyway I am waiting for our laundry to get done so I am going to add a few more posts while I am waiting. Rick is sleeping soundly (snoring) and Bryan is watching Discovery channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment