Friday, October 23, 2009

Moving Day One and Two!

Our movers showed up on Wednesday morning. They came all the way from Las Vegas and they were a cheerful crew. They worked hard for two days just wrapping and packing.

The kitchen was one of the first rooms to get started. Notice the doors are still missing on the kitchen cupboards. The spring break project of 2008 is still a work in progress at this point! But look how convenient it makes it for the mover to do his packing.

This is Bryan's bedroom all wrapped and boxed. The round one is his wicker chair that was such a great buy at D. I. In the very corner of the picture is his skim board. What are the chances of finding a nice place to skim board in Alaska? Do they have rivers like the Virgin?

This is the largest of the two trucks that were used. Those huge boxes are what they loaded all our worldly belongings into! In defense of ourselves, not every one of those boxes were filled. A few of them went away empty. Thank goodness! I really did try to keep from taking everything we had accumulated in the past 32 years of our married life. I think I was pretty good at giving up all my "stuff" , but someone else I know had a harder time!
Wrapping the table saw and barbecue. Those guys worked hard, they just went from one thing to the next. By the time they got to the garage they were getting a little tired. That's my piano on the left. They even wrapped each of the pieces of petrified wood that I insisted on taking with me. Okay maybe I did find it hard to part with a few odd things. But hey, that "rock" has a lot of history behind it. I think it will look great in my Alaskan yard.
Okay so this is something I haven't learned how to do yet. But it is probably much easier for you to crank your head than it is for me to learn to rotate a picture...The sofa box! It not only fit the sofa, but anything else they managed to stuff in there with it.

A close up look of the mover sealing the crate. They siliconed each one and then nailed the lid shut as well. I hope that this doesn't mean that they are in the habit of loosing cargo off the ships into the ocean. I can't help but think of all those Deadliest Catch episodes I've watched. Is there going to be huge storms and all our worldly goods are in jeopardy from the huge waves that swamp those boats? And by the way, I don't see our name on there anywhere! I hope we see those again.

Nailing the coffins shut! Whoops I mean the crates. So that's it for the packing up. I am sure glad we did not have to move ourselves! I think I would have had to have been a little more selective in what we moved up to our new home.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Max loved the picture of the big sofa box, even if it was sideways! It's crazy how they wrapped everything in paper, even the piano. Our movers weren't quite that thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you are so lucky to have movers!! How nice is that!

    ReplyDelete