Saturday, January 2, 2010
Christmas Eve 2009
Our first Christmas in Eagle River, AK
Family picture in front of our new fireplace. For the first time in our lives we had a real mantel to hang our stockings from. Does anyone recognize the horse? Rick and I got a little catch in our throats when we saw the movers bring it into the house. We could almost hear Max's little voice asking where the horse was and see all the grandchildren wanting to take their turn on it.
We were just getting started on our Christmas Eve traditions when Bryan decided it would be a good idea to make cookies. Fortunately I had unpacked most of the kitchen things and we were able to bake up some pretty good sugar cookies. We could not find any powdered sugar, but Rick did unearth a container of store bought frosting so we used that. The movers would not pack my food coloring (liquid) so we made do by melting some red and green chocolate candies a ward member dropped off and stirred that into the frosting. -- I just about died when I saw Bryan's pants in this photo and was going to delete it, but decided to save it for posterity. I am constantly telling him to pull his pants up!
A look at our living room. It's a mess with moving boxes, but there it is. We were sold on those front windows. When we were thinking about making an offer on this house I made Rick and the Realtor come out here at various hours of the day so that I could see just how much of the sun we would get. Right now the sun is low enough that we don't see it past the mountain that is south of us, but we are up high enough that we are not in the shadows. It was good enough for me. And we should be seeing the sun itself by the end of January so yeah, that was one of the reasons we bought the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like your house!! It looks nice! I love that you have a mantel now. I definitely want one in my future house.
ReplyDeleteI like your house ... and love those windows too. It would be very hard to get used to not seeing the sun after living in Dixie for so long.
ReplyDelete