Sunday, January 24, 2010
Solving the Storage Issue
A big concern we had was where to put our food storage and store our Christmas and all the other boxes of stuff we could not part with.
We discovered this trap door in the closet under the stairs.
It was obvious that the previous owners had found a great out of the way storage space.
We found shelves at Costco.
And wha...la...A place for our food storage. It's a little cozy, but we think it will work nicely. We actually didn't even fill all the shelves. I guess that says something about our food storage or lack of, but anyone that knows me knows how much I love to see an empty shelf. I know it's wierd, but when I see an empty shelf I feel like I have space and a clean room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love your little storage area! Much better then my kitchen cupboards I am using for my food storage!
ReplyDeleteYay for storage!! That is funny that you like an empty shelf though. Usually when I clear off a shelf I usually add an empty box there. I think I am scared of empty shelf space because I think Sam will fill it up with junk (he might not think it is "junk" but it is, ha) or I might fill it with junk, and then my cleaning will be for nothing. :) So then later when I go to need the space I pull the boxes down and think "yay, this space is all ready for me" without remembering that the boxes were empty in the first place. It drives Sam crazy though. hehe.
ReplyDeleteIt must've been fun getting all that down there!
ReplyDeleteAt first glance I thought those shelves were filling a regular sized room. I thought, "Wow...those are some really large bottles of peaches!" A little deceiving to the eye! But no matter, a storage room filled, empty shelf or not looks absolutely great to me!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny that you "discovered" it ... I wonder why no one told you about it! It is a space that wouldn't be found by an ordinary robber!
ReplyDeleteWish our cellar was that clean and organized.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had some storage anywhere. That looks great and handy and a good cool space.
ReplyDelete